Deo Vacuus or just Deo, also known as DeoTasDevil (born September 29, 1991) is an artist and fursuiter from the United States. Deo's additional interests include sculpting, drawing, reading, wrenching on cars, small plumbing repairs for those in financial need, volunteer work, Habitat For Humanity projects, large machinery, and welding.
Deo first got into the fandom in 2005 when trying to build a werewolf costume. She regularly attends Furry Weekend Atlanta, Midwest FurFest and Anthrocon, enjoying buying artwork and supporting furry artists. Her house is jokingly called the Furry Commune, and is a sanctuary where she has furry artists who struggle financially and homeless furries live with her rent free.
Rocky Mountain Fur Con cease and desist letter
- For more details on this topic, see Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2017.
In 2017, Deo was sent a cease and desist letter by Kahuki Lairu, a board member for Rocky Mountain Fur Con, threatening to file for liens on her property and wages, in response to Deo contacting the organizers of the convention about receiving what she perceived as a gun threat against her. Deo had never intended to attend the convention.
- Deo-tasdevil's profile on LiveJournal. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- Deo Vacuus's profile on Fur Affinity. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- "I only found out about "Kahuki" Kendal Emery the convicted felon after he & RMFC/MAAAC doxxed me & mailed this fake-legal threat to my home" - Deo on Twitter
- "Neo-Nazis are tearing the furry world apart" - The Daily Beast.
- "Free Furry of The Land: When SovCits and Furries Collide" - lawyersandliquor.com
- "Sorin, Chair of Rocky Mountain Fur Con, discusses demise of the con" - Patch Packrat for Dogpatch Press.