D.C. Simpson, full Dana Claire Simpson or just Dana Simpson (neé David Craig Simpson), also known as Rain Ruin (born April 23, 1977 in Pullman, Washington, USA), is an artist, writer, and musician who lives near Seattle, Washington.
Dana is the writer and artist of the comics Ozy and Millie, Raine Dog, I Drew This and Phoebe and Her Unicorn (full Phoebe and Her Unicorn: The Heavenly Nostrils Chronicles, formerly Heavenly Nostrils). Prior to 1998, Simpson created illustrations of characters from Tails of the City.
D.C. Simpson has often expressed left-wing political views.
Ozy and Millie
Ozy and Millie, Dana Claire's best known furry fandom webcomic, has been thrice recognized by the Ursa Major Awards; first in 2002 when the collection Ozy and Millie IV: Authentic Banana Dye won Best Anthropomorphic Other Literary Work, and again in 2006 and 2007 when the comic won Best Anthropomorphic Comic Strip (after nominations in prior years).
On April 24, 2008, Dana Claire announced the end of Ozy and Millie, though with suggestions of possible revivals in comic book form, as well as ideas of a more grown up high school version.
Raine Dog is a webcomic about Raine, a blue female dog, in a world where pets are fully anthropomorphic but still subject to the same laws of property as animals in the real world. Dana Claire says the project is heavily influenced by Thomas K. Dye's Newshounds.
Simpson's third comic strip, Girl, was the winner of Amazon.com's Comic Strip Superstar contest. She was to receive a publishing contract from Andrews McMeel Universal, but which never came to be. As per Dana Claire, the delay was imposed by the syndicate, GoComics, due to its reluctance to launch two "talking animal" strips at the same time.
The strip was retooled and renamed Heavenly Nostrils , and debuted on GoComics on April 22, 2012 (one day ahead of the official release data).
Heavenly Nostrils is a webcomic about Phoebe Grizelda Howell, a human girl who skipped a rock across a pond, and accidentally hitting a sentient unicorn in the face. Improbably, this led to Phoebe being granted one wish, using it to make the unicorn, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils, her obligational best friend
Phoebe and Her Unicorn
Phoebe and Her Unicorn will be the name for the syndicated release of the webcomic Heavenly Nostrils (on GoComics, the title will change to Phoebe and Her Unicorn: The Heavenly Nostrils Chronicles).
Simpson creates music under the name of Rain Ruin. In 2005, Dana Claire released an album of low budget music entitled Shiver. It was available for purchase from CafePress, and Lulu,. The songs were also available for download for free on her old music website, Simpsonmusic.org
Did you know? D.C. used to sign her artwork with the name Rain, and is still known by that name to some people. In D.C.’s journals and blogs, a blue dragon is often used as her avatar.
- About Dana bio information on Rainedog.com. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- Guests on the Further Confusion 2016 website. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- Comic Strip Superstar page on Amazon.com. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Amazon and Andrews McMeel Universal Announce First Comic Strip Superstar Competition press release on Reuters. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- Status report post on Girl blog. Poste November 2, 2010. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- In stealth, we have begun! post on Ink and White Space. Posted April 22, 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2013.
- OKAY, I CAN FINALLY TALK ABOUT THIS! post Danasipmson.com. Dated on December 20, 2014. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- Rain Ruin's page on Bandcamp. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Shiver album page on Simpsonmusic.org. Retrieved December 30, 2013.
- Shiver download page on CafePress. Retrieved ?.
- Shiver download page on Lulu. Retrieved ?.
- Ruinness's page on Bandcamp. Retrieved January 1, 2014.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Dana Simpson - D.C. Simpson's official website
- Ink and White Space - D.C. Simpson's personal website
- Girl blog -D.C. Simpson on Typepad
- D.C. Simpson on deviantART
- MizDanaClaire on Twitter
- Rain on Pavement, D.C. Simpson on LiveJournal
- Rain Ruin on Bandcamp
|This stub about a person could be .|