|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Typically, a crux, or 'cross', is considered a mutant hybrid created from several species through magical accident or scientific experimentation. They are typically bipedal and sentient, have large ears, unusual fur patterns, and a tendency to affix accessories to their tails. When walking they tend to swing their bodies in an exaggerated gait, and when running they lope forwards with long strides. They have large, sharp teeth and claws, and tend to be very lean.
It is unknown what the internal structure of a crux is like, though the best possible guess is that it is closest to that of mammals, as most of the rest of their body appears to share many mammalian traits, though this could depend on what backstory is used to explain the creation of the hybrid; mechanical means, experimentation, or magic. It is entirely possible that they may have extra or differently-functioning organs or structure, and be nearly alien to the norms for most species.
The most prevailing trends for members of the crux species are body-alteration, cybernetic implants, shackles, and insanity. While the story behind the species is very much lacking, most fans of the species surmise that they are universally 'cracked up' in some way or another, and their artwork, stories, and avatars tend to represent this.
Crux were depicted by the creator as having no specific gender. Whether this means crux themselves have no gender, or they were simply drawn androgynous was not specified. Most assume this was intentionally left open for fans of the fictitious species, however many crux tend to remain genderless.
The crux who do have genitalia do not identify with a specific species buildup. Mutations alter many internal processes and it may be hard to identify those with genitalia between male and female because of the shapes and makeup of their specific organs. Such mutations make is nearly impossible to reproduce sexually, as the internal makeup may not allow for any development of a fetus/fertile egg or even the proper formation of sperm or eggs.
Some crux have both male and female reproductive organs that seem fully functional. This however, is not always the case. Remember that a crux does not conform to any one species standard in terms of appearance, sexuality, gender, and reproductive organs. Each crux is different and still, little is known about their diversity.
Crux come in various types distinguishable by the colouring of their fur and markings, these changed over the time between the different versions of the Crux Avatars being released in Secondlife. There is some belief amongst some members of the Crux community that the different colour types represent different attitudes or emotions of that particular Crux type, though this has never been officially confirmed by the creator of the species.
 SL Avatars
- The Version 1 (Released 31st October 2006) was a totally Prim construction and was available in six types. This avatar is currently unavailable.
- The Version 2 (Released 19th June 2008) was a completely updated avatar using Sculpted parts instead of the prim ones of the V1.
 Types: Version 1
- The Bio Crux (Black, Green Markings - Later became the 'Chloros' with the V2 release)
- The Halloween Crux (Black, Orange markings - There were only 5 available as give-aways on Halloween Night of 2006)
- The Industry Crux (Two toned Grey Markings - Later became the 'Coniortos' with the V2 release)
- The Inverse Spiral Crux (Black, White markings - Later became the 'Nux' with the V2 release)
- The Mushroom Crux (Blue, Cyan Markings - Later became the 'Iton' with the V2 release)
- The Spiral Crux (White, Black markings - Later became the 'Leukos Arsenikon' with the V2 release)
 Types: Version 2
- Aether: (Green, White Markings - As with 'The Halloween Crux' in 2006 only 5 of this avatar were available as prizes at the avatar's launch.)
- Akerasia: (White, Purple Markings)
- Chloros: (Black, Green Markings. Previously 'The Bio Crux' in it's V1 incarnation)
- Coniortos: (Two toned Grey Markings. Previously 'The Industry Crux' in it's V1 incarnation)
- Elaion: (Black, Grey Markings)
- Ge: (Two toned Green Markings)
- Iton: (Blue, Cyan Markings. Previously 'The Mushroom Crux' in it's V1 incarnation)
- Kriterion: (Brown, Black Markings)
- Kuanos: (Grey/Blue, Blue Markings)
- Kuprios: (Two toned Brown Markings)
- Leukos Arsenikon: (White, Black Markings. Previously 'The Spiral Crux' in it's V1 incarnation)
- Lithos: (Grey/Green, Grey Markings)
- Meli: (Cream, Brown Markings)
- Methoporon: (Purple, Pink Markings)
- Nux: (Black, White Markings. Previously 'The Inverse Spiral Crux' in it's V1 incarnation)
- Oinos: (Two toned Purple Markings)
- Pyr: (Black, Red Markings)
- Sandarake: (Red, White Markings)
 Creator Credits
Malluch Cleaver: AV Creation, concepts, texture work, scripting & animations (V1 & V2)
FastClaw Nightshade: Sounds, animations, and other gestures (V1 & V2)
Fox Stirling: Scripting Guru, innovative consultant, product placement and packaging (V1 Only)
Izome Riguad: Scripting Guru (V2 Only).
 See also
|This species stub needs .|