From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
ConnectiCon is an annual summer convention that is held in Hartford, Connecticut, U.S.A. The multi-genre event is focused on comics, anime, roleplaying games, science fiction, and fantasy with some anthropomorphic elements as illustrated by Brianna Bunny, the con mascot. It reportedly has a good reputation with the webcomic industry.
The con features events such as an artists alley, charity auction, dealers room, masquerade, screenings, gaming and dancing. Voice actors, performers, artists, and other industry representatives participate in panels and workshops.
- ConnectiCon 2003 was held from July 18 to 20 and was attended by about 850 people.
- ConnectiCon 2004 was held from July 16 to 18 and was attended by 1800 people.
- ConnectiCon 2005 was held from July 15 to 17 and was attended by 2800 people.
- ConnectiCon 2006 was held from July 7 to 9 and had 3358 paid attendees, about 3500 total.
- ConnectiCon 2007 was held from July 13 to 15 and had 4600 paid attendees, about 5210 total.
- ConnectiCon 2008 was held from August 1 to 3 at the Connecticut Convention Center..
- ConnectiCon 2009 will be held from July 31 to August 2.
- Connecticon 2008 information at AnimeCons.com