Claw & Quill
The first version of the website, a fiction-focussed webzine titled Claw & Quill: Modern Fables, was launched in October 2004. The project proved short-lived, due in part to pressure of work and the loss of two contributors (Jacob Schmid and Fred Patten) due to health issues.
By the end of 2005, Watts had into a curated story archive for readers and writers of fiction. In 2011, a strategy guide and initial code were published. The website was to be written in Python using the Django framework. However, this concept was ultimately abandoned.
By May 2013, Claw & Quill was being described as an online magazine about furry fandom, and Watts was seeking submissions of reviews, interviews, personal and business profiles, and stories about other topics within the fandom.
- ↑ Claw & Quill goes live - Watts Martin, Flayrah (19 October 2004)
- ↑ So what happened? - Watts Martin, Claw & Quill (11 June 2005)
- ↑ Claw & Quill 2.0? - (13 December 2005)
- ↑ Claw & Quill - BitBucket - Watts Martin (strategy guide written January 2010)
- ↑ About Claw & Quill - Watts Martin, Claw & Quill
- ↑ Non-fiction magazine 'Claw & Quill' seeks (re)launch material - GreenReaper, Flayrah (14 May 2013)