The comic follows characters Marty, Arthur, Douglas, Paulie, Taye and Ken and their daily lives. The first four issues focus on Marty and his way out of the closet and towards his first love, while later issues develop the other characters.
Circles is published by Rabbit Valley and is available through their website. There are currently eight issues of the comic as of November 2008. Issue #1 is not readily available, except as part of Vol. 1, which collects issues #0 through #4 (pictured).
The setting is Boston, in the early years of the 21st century. The first issue is dated Spring 2001, and each issue corresponds to one season of time, with 4 issues being one year in the comic, so the latest issue as of this writing, issue #8, is Winter 2002. The comic deals primarily with six characters inhabiting a house at the fictional address of 6 Kinsey Circle (a pun on the Kinsey scale, where a rating of six means that the subject is exclusively homosexual).
- Main article: List of characters in Circles
 See also
- Circles on tvWiki
- Circles website
- Gay League interview with Circles creators Stephen Domanski and Andrew French. Archived by the Wayback Machine.
- Circles website (2008 - 2009): http://artmutt.com/circles/ (now dead link)
- Circles website (2001 - 2006 March): http://www.rabco.org/circles/ (domain now cybersquatted) (archive.org version of the website)
- Link to Rabbit Valley's (text-mode) page for buying Circles
- Circles-comic mailing list on Yahoo!Groups (Rated: general)
- circles-adult mailing list on Yahoo!Groups (adults-only)