Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers was an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. Created by Tad Stones and Alan Zaslove. The series premiered on the Disney Channel on March 4, 1989, having aired a preview episode ("Catteries Not Included") on August 27, 1988. The series premiered in national syndication with a two-hour movie special, Rescue Rangers: To the Rescue, which was later broken up into a five-parter to air as part of the weekday run.
The final episode was aired on November 19, 1990. In the fall of 1989, the series was syndicated from September 18. In 1990, as a part of the Disney Afternoon line up, reruns of the show were aired until September 3, 1993.
The Rescue Rangers take on cases that the police find "too small" to handle with other animals usually as their clients.
- Monterey Jack, a well travelled mouse with an extreme weakness for the sight and smell of cheese.
- Zipper, a fly and Monterey's longtime partner and friend.
- Gadget Hackwrench, the resident female mechanic and inventor.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (villans characters).
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Ranger (secondary characters).
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Ranger (incidental characters).
Almost 20 years later, in December 2010, Boom! Studio studio launched a revival of the series in a comic book form. 8 books with 2 story arcs were created, but, after issue #8, the comic got cancelled due to the contract being expired. However, according to the writers, if the right sponsor is found, more books might be made in the future.
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers on the IMBb
- Boom! Studios' announces new Disney title at panel, official press announcement, 28 August 2010
- Q&A with the writers of the BOOM! comic, thread on The Old Haunt: The Darkwing Duck Fan Forum
|This article about a television series is a stub - can you it?|