|First iteration||20th to the 23rd June 2008|
|Photos, videos, reports: ConFuzzled resources|
|ConFuzzled guests of honour|
ConFuzzled is a UK convention to celebrate the genre of anthropomorphics, or furry fandom. ConFuzzled UK is registered as a private company limited by guarantee, no. 06185967 (incorporated 27 March 2007).
Planning for ConFuzzled started in 2005, after several people from the UK furry community became frustrated by a lack of prior organization. This group decided to organize a furry convention, based upon their experience with furmeets. The convention has received help and advice from Chairo, Cheetah, Kiran Lightpaw, and Timduru.
Confirmation of the venue was announced on the website in February 2007; the same month further details of the convention events were also announced, along with the unveiling of the website and logo. The ConFuzzled Forum and FAQ opened on May 12, 2007. ConFuzzled Focus, a magazine-style newsletter started on 29 October 2007. FurbleFox was the chairman of the convention up until November 2009, when he officially announced his resignation. The remaining staff elected Matt Lion as the new chairman, with Dingotush as vice-chair.
The convention was initially held in the YHA Manchester, before moving to the Britannia Country House Hotel in 2010 where it remained till 2011. For 2012, it was announced that the convention to move to the Barceló Hinckley Island Hotel in Leicestershire.
In 2011, with an attendance of 499, it became the second largest furcon outside of the United States, second only to Eurofurence, and 14th largest furcon worldwide.
ConFuzzled's mascot is Brok, a black and white badger with a top hat and an affinity for cookies; he has his own Twitter account. Brok was officially unveiled on June 20, 2007 as the convention mascot. He was designed by Josef "Tabbie" Zsapka.
|This section does not cite its references or sources. ()|
BSOD, a convention term used at the event, refers to something going especially wrong at a critical moment in the convention's programming. The reference comes from the classic Windows' system error - the Blue Screen of Death.
The expression came up at Confuzzled 2009 during the WikiFur Pub Quiz but has been in wide use for quite some time.
- ↑ ConFuzzled 2012 - Legal and Privacy Information
- ↑ ConFuzzled Related. - Posted by FurbleFox on November 26, 2009 on . Retrieved November 28, 2009.
- ↑ Introducing the new Chairman of ConFuzzled - Posted by Matt Lion on November 28, 2009 on . Retrieved November 28, 2009.
- ↑ 2012 Announcement - Posted by Matt Lion on August 12, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- ConFuzzled website
- ConFuzzled Community Forum
- ConFuzzled on Twitter
- ConFuzzled forum on UKFur.net
- ConFuzzled Community on LiveJournal
- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=53.415978,-2.248571+&sll=53.477626,-2.240868&sspn=0.028759,0.07699&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=16 Map of ConFuzzled venue and surrounding area]
- Photos, videos, reports: ConFuzzled resources