|First iteration||20th to the 23rd June 2008|
|Charity||Changes each year|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: ConFuzzled resources|
|ConFuzzled guests of honour|
ConFuzzled is a UK convention to celebrate the genre of anthropomorphics, or furry fandom. ConFuzzled UK is registered as a private company limited by guarantee, no. 06185967 (incorporated 27 March 2007).
Planning for ConFuzzled started in 2005, after several people from the UK furry community became frustrated by a lack of prior organization. This group decided to organize a furry convention, based upon their experience with furmeets. The convention has received help and advice from Chairo, Cheetah, Kiran Lightpaw, and Timduru.
Confirmation of the venue was announced on the website in February 2007; the same month further details of the convention events were also announced, along with the unveiling of the website and logo. The ConFuzzled Forum and FAQ opened on May 12, 2007. ConFuzzled Focus, a magazine-style newsletter started on 29 October 2007. FurbleFox was the chairman of the convention up until November 2009, when he officially announced his resignation. The remaining staff elected Matt Lion as the new chairman, with Dingotush as vice-chair.
The convention was initially held in the YHA Manchester, before moving to the Britannia Country House Hotel in 2010 where it remained till 2011. For 2012, it was announced that the convention was to move to the Barceló Hinckley Island Hotel in Leicestershire, where it was held for two years. Starting in 2014, the convention will be hosted at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole.
From an initial 136 attendees in 2008, ConFuzzled has grown rapidly such that as of 2011, with an attendance of 499, it became the second-largest furry convention outside of the United States (second only to Eurofurence), and the 14th-largest worldwide. As of May 2015, it was the 11th-largest worldwide, with 1228 attendees.
ConFuzzled's mascot is Brok, a black and white badger with a top hat and an affinity for cookies; he has his own Twitter account. Brok was officially unveiled on June 20, 2007 as the convention mascot. He was designed by Josef "Tabbie" Zsapka.
As well as many of the events found common to most furry conventions (Fursuit games and dance competition, GoH and Charity events, etc), ConFuzzled runs a number of regular unique events each year.
- Pub Quiz
- Formerly the WikiFur Pub Quiz, attendees form in to teams of no more than eight people and answer questions provided by a host on an answer sheet. The questions often link to the theme of the convention but can also cover general knowledge, history, geography, music and pop culture. Answer sheets are exchanged and teams mark each other's answers with the winning team getting tokens for a free drink at the bar.
- Sponsor Buffet
- A special lunch for convention Sponsors with extra special or themed food catered by the venue. A musical and/or fursuit performance is often provided for entertainment.
- Attendees are given basic supplies of fur offcuts, materials, cardboard and other odds and ends; hot glue, sticky tape and tagging guns, and given one hour to build (generally horrific and humorous) fursuits with the winner for the 'best' suit sometimes given a prize. All the suits that are completed are then welcome to take part in the fursuit parade that immediately follows.
- Car and bike enthusiast furries gather with their vehicles to show them off.
- The Pawpets UK show
- The Pawpets UK team's annual 90 minute stage show, written and performed exclusively for the convention.
- Banner Brawl
- Presented at both ConFuzzled and Eurofurence, two teams of three male and three female artists are given a large shared canvas and provided randomly selected prompts by the hosts to create a scene without prior knowledge or being able to see the other team's canvas. The audience get to choose the winning canvas, with an on-going score kept from one convention to the next. Both canvases are placed in the Art Auction for charity.
- Yard Sale
- New from 2013, a special sale at the end of the convention in the Dealers Den for convention event and Pawpet show props, signs, memorabilia, old stock, and other items from the convention that would otherwise have been thrown away. There is also a last chance to buy charity items or extra convention sponsorship items such as t-shirts. Profits for everything except for sponsorship items are given to the convention's charity.
- ConFuzzled 2012 - Legal and Privacy Information
- ConFuzzled Related. - Posted by FurbleFox on November 26, 2009 on . Retrieved November 28, 2009.
- Introducing the new Chairman of ConFuzzled - Posted by Matt Lion on November 28, 2009 on . Retrieved November 28, 2009.
- 2012 Announcement - Posted by Matt Lion on August 12, 2011. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
- Announcing ConFuzzled 2014, and our new home! on the ConFuzzled website. Retrieved June 3, 2013
- ["Final attendance figure, 1228!!!"] - ConFuzzled, Twitter (25 May 2015)
- ConFuzzled website
- ConFuzzled Community Forum
- ConFuzzled on Twitter
- ConFuzzled forum on UKFur.net
- ConFuzzled Community on LiveJournal
- Map of ConFuzzled venue and surrounding area
- Map of the new (2014) Confuzzled venue
- Photos, videos, reports: ConFuzzled resources