Category talk:Ideological groups
Following the discussion from the original talk page, this category has been moved. All links have been updated. Original talk page contents is below:
Not to butt in as a partypooper or anything, but I believe this category is filed under the wrong name. None of these groups (outside of Furries for Peace) qualify as philosophical ( that is, based on a system of philosophy) but instead they qualify as ideological groups ( Of or relating to ideology).
The difference lies in that an ideology is the body of ideas reflecting the social needs and aspirations of an individual, group, class, or culture, whereas a philosophy is the investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods.
- Hmm.. Good Point mr annomi. :) Votes please on if we should rename? -Nidonocu - talk 19:42, 24 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. --Duncan da Husky 19:53, 24 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I think the original poster has a point, I too vote to rename. --Dmuth 20:16, 24 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I conquer... err, concur. ;) (That is, I agree.) So what'll you change it to? --Tom Howling 20:57, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I agree. I motion for a rename to "Ideological groups". BlueOtter 21:02, 25 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Sorry, I forgot to log on , I'm the poster.. Maus Merryjest. But for some reason I'm still not being able to log on, oh well :P