Category talk:Convention staff
- I would say a staff person is someone with a defined role that extends beyond the time of the convention itself. -- Sine 23:45, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
- (Catching up to an old discussion here) I think what Sine describes would really be someone with a Board/ConCom-level position. Those are the people who have year round involvement with a conventon.
- In my experience, convention staff, by contrast, only have involvement during the convention and setup/teardown that happens immediately before and after. The difference between them and volunteers is that convention staff are usually arranged in advance and have a pre-defined level of committment to the convnetion.
- Volunteers, however, have NO level of committment beyond what they decide to offer at a convention, and they are free to stop at any time. --Douglas Muth 14:43, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Staff of proposed conventions
- Personally, I think is "Proposed convention staff" category would be more appropriate. --Douglas Muth 14:44, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
You'll noticed that I've gone ahead and sorted out many of the stray convention staff members, so that our sub categories have more complete listings. Basically, the rule is this. If we decide to create further subcategories, we find out who goes in there and put them in there. This parent category should be of only convention staffmembers who have staffed conventions that do not fall under our subcategoried ones. Love and kisses, Kendricks Redtail 21:20, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
- Another thought, a year and a half later. What about renaming this category to Category:Convention and event staff. I imagine the painful task of changing links could be automated... -- 23:34, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
More specific categories
I've run through Q-Z articles in this category, moving or trimming to subcategories as appropriate. -- Sine 13:04, 25 November 2011 (EST)