Category talk:Animal multiplayer worlds
I've queried these at User talk:Spirou#Recent deletions as there has been no assumption in place that I am aware of that such worlds need to be furry or anthro identified to be relevant here on WikiFur. -- Sine 15:36, 13 November 2013 (EST)
Recent deletions II
- (Deletion log); 01:12 . . Spirou (Talk | contribs) deleted "Forest Spirit" (Non-furry/mainstream/other fandom: Non-furry RP site (feral, non-anthro/sentient/therian animal role-play))
- (Deletion log); 01:08 . . Spirou (Talk | contribs) deleted "Forest of Less Lust" (Non-furry/mainstream/other fandom: Non-furry RP site (feral, non-anthro/sentient/therian wolf role-play))
- (Deletion log); 01:08 . . Spirou (Talk | contribs) deleted "Forest of Lust" (Non-furry/mainstream/other fandom: Non-furry RP site (feral, non-anthro/sentient/therian wolf mating))
While you're welcome to open the topic for discussion, there has been no assumption in place that I am aware of that Category:Animal multiplayer worlds need to be furry or anthro identified to be relevant here on WikiFur. -- Sine 15:34, 13 November 2013 (EST)
- We have omitted/deleted role-play, forum, and/or image hosting (gallery) sites for feral (non-furry/anthro, non-talking animal, non-human sentient, non-therian) characters in the past (as compared to obvious sentient feral ones; e.g. The Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, or Balto).
- The notice on the Category:Animal multiplayer worlds article indicate that this page is for sites that their "characters do talk, often use human-style gestures, and have their own belief systems or religions" (i.e. at least sentient furs), which the deleted sites characters did not exhibited or make the point of any of their characters doing any such behaviors/mannerisms. Hence the deletion. Just normal Wiki cleanup.
- If pure feral multiplayer worlds are now (or always have been) allowed, will revert. Question is, are to be listed under the normal acknowledged "furry" animal multiplayer worlds, or be listed under their own category?. And are the prior deleted pure feral image galley/forums to be considered/discussed for reinstatement?. - Spirou 23:37, 13 November 2013 (EST)
- I would be very surprised if there are many animal roleplaying sites in which the animal characters do not talk. -- Sine 13:01, 14 November 2013 (EST)
- There are. These were. I have not perused the list on the category. Present deletion were made based on past suggestions by other editors, and they comprised RP and Media sites mostly. They were not deleted o a whim, hence the discussion: How do we handle these sites where the characters are played/displayed on a non, more commonly expected, "furry/anthro" way. The query is made so future edits may comply with the rules set.
- In short, deletions were made based on subject/past edits. If these were wrong because of rule "X", let's put forward here the minimal information about these rules/guidelines for future edits. And revert is just two clicks away based on the consensus.
- Welp.... Guess the "discussion" is over. Will rewrite the heading of the Category:Animal multiplayer worlds to clarify that both feral and sentient characters are role-played. - Spirou 18:05, 25 November 2013 (EST)
- The split in concept you imply between feral and sentient isn't reflected in the linked articles. -- Sine 21:23, 29 November 2013 (EST)