Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|First iteration||November 11-13, 2016|
|Organizer(s)||CanFURence Anthropomorphic Events Inc.|
|Resources||Photos, videos, reports: CanFURence resources|
CanFURence is a furry convention based in central Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, in early August.
CanFURence's mascot ("furry ambassador") is Squynx, a squirrel-lynx hybrid.
CanFURence 2016, the first iteration of CanFURence, took place on November 11, 2016 through November 13, 2016, at the ALT Hotel Ottawa.
The theme of CanFURence 2016 was "Canada as a Furred Nation", looking at what the nation’s past, present, and future would be like if it were populated not by people but by furries. The Guest of Honour was Heather Bruton.
321 people attended the event, with roughly 83 fursuits participated in the fursuit parade. 49 people attended the FurScience panel. $5675.30 was raised for the convention charity, the Ottawa Stray Cat Rescue. ($4212.82 USD, as of November 15, 2016)
It was the first furry fandom specific convention in Ottawa since the conclusion of C-ACE in 2007 and the failed launch of Bytown Furry Convention in 2011.
CanFURence 2017, the second iteration of CanFURence, took place over November 10-12, 2017, at the ALT Hotel Ottawa.
The theme of the convention was "Furry Adventure". The Guest of Honour was furry artist Anyare.
CanFURence 2017 saw 373 attendees, including 111 fursuiters. $5,071 was raised for the convention charity, the Ottawa Stray Cat Rescue.
CanFURence 2018, the third iteration of CanFURence took place over August 3-5, 2018 at The Brookstreet Hotel in Ottawa.
The theme of the convention was "Furry Cabaret". The Guest of Honor was AirGuiTaR.
CanFURence 2018 saw 457 attendees, including 105 fursuiters. $10,000.61 was raised for the convention charity, Courageous Companions.
CanFURence 2019, the fourth iteration of CanFURence was held on on August 2-4, 2019 at The Brookstreet Hotel in Ottawa.
The theme of the convention was "Furry Mystery". The Guest of Honor was Betsy Beaver.
CanFURence 2019 saw 568 attendees; 185 fursuiters entered the parade. $9055.70 was raised for the convention charity, Courageous Companions.
CanFURence 2020 was scheduled to be held on July 31-August 2, at The Westin Ottawa. but like most conventions that year, was sadly canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The theme of the convention was to be "Steampunk by rail". The Guests of Honor announced were Nicole and Dodge. 
CanFURence 2021, the 4.5 iteration of CanFURence, was held on November 12–14, 2021, at the Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre, Ottawa, Ontario. The theme was "Back In Town". The event was held with an attendee limit of 500 people.
CanFURence 2022, the official fifth iteration of CanFURence, was held on July 29-31, 2022, at Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre, Ottawa, Ontario. It was a resume of the long overdue CanFURence 2020. It pressed resume button of the theme "Steampunk by rail", which was decided in 2020 but cancelled due to covid.
The Guests of Honour were Nicole and Dodge.
CanFURence 2022 saw 863 attendees; 255 fursuiters entered the parade. $11,225.00 was raised for the convention charity, Ottawa Paw Pantry.
The personnel behind CanFURence are:
Board of Directors
- BT-Armistice: Convention Co-Chair and Director of Main Events
- Conreeaght: Convention Co-Chair and Director of Operations
- FoxyMary: Director of Attendee Services
- Reiver: Director of Business
- ShardWintreswolf: Director of Communications
- Stan: Director of Dealers
- Kesslan: Director of Venue Relations
- Xenowulf: Director of Human Resources
- Ace~Shep: Head of Dances and DJs
- Emanuel Furman: Head of Audio Visuals
- FoxyMary: Head of Attendee Services
- Fuzy Sidwell Heaf of Digital Accounts
- HF Greyfox: Head of Operations
- Tillwoofie: Head of Zookeeping
- Twitchy: Head of Charity
- Roxy: Head of Accessibility
- Sid: Head of Information Technologies
- Simbayo: Head of Fursuit Track
- Stan the Lion: Head of Artists & Vendors
- Xenowulf: Head of Registration
- Zets: Head of Gaming
- Adrien: Zookeeper Team Member
- AirGuiTaR: Illustrator for Communications
- AmaraFox: Print Designer for Communications
- BidoYinn: Registration Team Member
- Binky: Information Technologies Team Member
- Bootz: Artists and Dealers Team Member
- bWGi: Web Developer for Communications & Zookeeper team Member
- Callykitty: Graphic Designer for Communications
- Cotton Pandy: Charity Team Member
- Crazdude: Graphic Designer for Communications
- DancerTheDeer: Charity Team Member
- Darky: Audio Visuals Team Member
- Diasune: Programming Assistant
- Dogmedic: Medic for Zookeeper Team
- Drakon: Logistics Team Member
- Eevachu: Illustrator for Communications
- Faulkyn: Photographer for Communications
- Fenton: Charity Team Member
- Frost Kage: Dances & DJs Assistant
- Fuzy Sidwell: Operations Team Member
- Halley Carter: Operations Team Member
- Jade White: Information Technologies Team Member
- Liath: Web Developer for Communications
- Masked Ferret: Artists and Vendors Assistant
- Mecho Bear: Venue Relations Team Member
- MewsSnep: Operations Team Member
- Nevimer: Information Technologies and Audio Visuals Team Member
- Relic: Survey Data Analyst
- Rhari: Graphic Designer for Communications
- Rhye: Web Designer for Communications
- Scara: Registration Team Member
- Shado Wolff: Medic for Zookeeper Team
- ShardWintreswolf: Social Media Coordinator for Communications
- Tiika Firedancer: Operations and Accessibility Team Member
- Tripping Possum: Hospitality Team Member
- Valrus: Operations Team Member
- Volk Okamie: Hospitality Assistant
- Xaber: Zookeeper Team Member
- WalterWabbit: Logistics Assistant
- Water: Operations and Attendee Services member
- Wulf of Silver: Zookeeper Team Member
- Zero: Registration Team Member
- Zoom: Zookeeper Team Member
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CanFURence website. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "CanFURence & Furred Nation" - posting on the CanFURence website. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- ↑ CanFURence Hotel on the CanFURence website. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 ""CanFURence on Twitter: #Canfur2016 numbers... [drum roll] Reg - 321 Fursuiters - 82 Raised for @OttawaCatRescue - $5675.30 Thanks for an amazing convention! 🇨🇦"". November 14, 2016. Retrieved on November 14, 2016.
- ↑ "Fuzbutt lion on Twitter: "Fursuiters at @canFURence 83. Derpy lion forgot to add himself. Hurrr.". November 18, 2016. Retrieved on November 19, 2016.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 CanFURence (2017) website. Retrieved January 4, 2017.
- ↑ Tweet on the CanFURence Twitter account. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 CanFURence 2018 website. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- ↑ Tweet on the CanFURence Twitter account. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- ↑ 2019 Launching on the CanFURence website. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "🌻CanFURence🌻 on Twitter: "Official numbers for CanFURence 2019! Fursuiters in our Parade: 186! Detectives registered: 568! Full Charity amount for Courageous Companions: $9055.70! Join us our new destination: Steampunk by rail, July 31-August 2, for CanFURence 2020 with @nicnak044 and @one_horse_dodge" / Twitter". August 4, 2019. Retrieved on August 11, 2019.
- ↑ "To all of our friends and family of CanFURence" [PDF]. June 2, 2020. Retrieved on January 7, 2022.
- ↑ "Attendence Cap reached". September 13, 2021. Retrieved on January 7, 2022.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RhyeRhythm/status/1553876704543883265
- ↑ Our Staff on the CanFURence website. Retrieved January 30, 2016.
- CanFURence - convention website
- CanFURence on Facebook
- CanFURence on Fur Affinity
- CanFURence on Mastodon
- CanFURence on Tumblr
- CanFURence on Twitter
- CanFurence Announcements and 2019 Chat on Telegram
- CanFURence on YouTube
- Photos, videos, reports: CanFURence resources
Category · BetaPaws Airbrushing · F2 (musicians) · Fanboy Confessional (television) · The Fur Pile (furry home) · The House (furry house) · Made Fur You (fursuit maker) · NorthFur FX & Mascots · Rock & Rule · Why Mickey Mouse Wears Pants (article)