CBRFUR was a small furry convention based in Australia, and hosted (last in 2018) at the Pavilion on Northbourne hotel, with a focus on trips out to regional landmarks for fursuit photography.
CBRFUR was originally a "fur car-meet" hosted at and with accommodation at Capital Executive Apartments on Northbourne Avenue.
CBRFUR was based around several different activities involving cars and fursuiting. Previous activities have included:
- Fursuit walks and photography at Mount Ainslie, Questacon, Googong Reservoir, Telstra Tower, Cockington Green, the Australian National Botanic Gardens
- Driving around several of the Cotter's backroads, with a BBQ at a recreational area.
The registration fee includes some food and use of the event space as well as a badge and a lanyard; external venues and parking often cost extra.
CBRFUR2 took place over 2-3 February 2013. There were at least 10 fursuiters.
CBRFUR3 took place over 20-21 July 2013. Events included a trip to Telstra Tower.
CBRFUR4 took place on 21-23 February 2014.
|This section is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|
CBRFUR5 took place on 14-16 November 2014. This was the first event to take place at the Pavilion on Northbourne.
CBRFUR6 took place on 24-26 July 2015. Events included trips "Group shot from the arboretum at CBRFUR6 c:" - CBRFUR, Twitter (16 August 2015)</ref> and Tidbinbilla. as well as a night shoot at Telstra Tower. The "Titanium Ultra Mega" registration level included a logo'd T-shirt, sticker, and the opportunity to have your own picture on your badge. There were at least 24 fursuiters.
CBRFUR7 took place 10-13 June 2016. 68 indicated that they "went" on Facebook, and there were at least 21 fursuiters. Events included a lunch at Brodburger, a repeat of the Friday-night photoshoot up Telstra Tower, BBQ at Cotter, a visit to the National Gallery of Australia, a trip to Tidbinbilla, playing with HTC Vibe VR sets, and fursuit games.
The customizable badges returned for "Gold level mega sponsor" registration, along with a T-shirt with the CBRFUR logo and a picture of tails, optionally printed with a fursona name; however, custom T-shirts with headshots created by Lady Rain (WinterSnoWolf) combined with the CBRFUR logo were created for "Carbon super mega ultra black titanium" sponsors. A collection of headshots was also added to the lanyard.
CBRFUR8 took place 11-13 November 2016 at the Pavilion on Northbourne Hotel. Scheduled events included a trip to the Australian National Botanic Gardens, a lunch at the Cotter Reserve, a visit to Tidbinbilla, and a fursuit walk in the Cockington Green miniature village.
As before, a registration package option featured individual headshots on t-shirts; this was replaced in subsequent years by a universal CBRFUR design.
CBRFUR 2017 took place 17-19 November 2017 at the Pavilion on Northbourne Hotel. Scheduled events included lunch at the Capital Brewing Co., a visit and fursuit walk at Questacon, lunch at the Cotter Reserve and a visit to Tidbinbilla, socializing and VR games.
CBRFUR 2018 (CBRFUR10) took place 16-18 November 2018 at the Pavilion on Northbourne Hotel. Scheduled events included fursuiting and photography at Telstra Tower, BBQ lunch at the Cotter Reserve, a trip to the Googong Reservoir, socializing and VR games, and bean bags.
CBRFUR Pty Ltd (ABN 13 603 344 529, ACN 603 344 529) is a private company limited by shares, registered 15 December 2014. noted as active inNew South Wales in 2015.
CBRFUR registered the business name Harbour City Fur Con from 28 July 2016 to 7 December 2017, and is marked as owning the copyright on furcon.com.au which hosts both events.
Staff represented as being involved with in CBRFUR in 2014-15:
- Captain Otter - co-founder; project management and social medial lead
- Prince Panda - co-founder; BBQ picnic organizer
- Rageie - web administrator and content manager
- Dylan Power/Blood, Katie Chipmunk - Sydney furry meets
- William Butcher - Hay, NSW event Smash Up
- Jason Otter, Foxfur, Lutu, Toa, Fozzaroo, Yuki, Vel Applebee - Facebook content
- Skooma - Victoria coordinator/liason
- Raikouro - Coordinator
- Jacora - New South Wales coordinator
- Boost - Western Australia coordinator
- TWP - Tasmania coordinator
- Liam - Queensland coordinator
The organizers have represented CBRFUR as part of a wider group, Furries Under the Radar, including the organizers of more car-centric events FURRED and Smash-Up.
- ↑ "CBRFUR - Second Stage 2 (CBRFUR2)" on Facebook. Retrieved 27 March 2013
- ↑ Group photo posted on Facebook (1 August 2015)
- ↑ "CBRFUR" - thread by Jad Thor on Furstralia. (4 February 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2013)
- ↑ "Here's some potatoes up from CBRFUR3 which we went to Telstra tower at." - CBRFUR, Twitter (24 November 2014)
- ↑ "CBRFUR - All furrr the driver (CBRFUR4)" on Facebook. Retrieved 20 August 2013 by Senti Fox
- ↑ Musings on CBRFUR5 venue and dates - Captain Otter, Facebook (12 March 2014)
- ↑ "Dates for #CBRFUR6 are no set! July 24-26" - CBRFUR, Twitter (30 November 2014)
- ↑ "Finished editing more photos last night, some super awesome stuff - CBRFUR, Twitter (8 August 2015)
- ↑ "So for CBRFUR6, we want to do a night shoot on the Friday night at telstra tower." - CBRFUR, Twitter (2 December 2014)
- ↑ Register | CBRFUR. Archived 2 May 2015.
- ↑ Group photo posted on Facebook (1 August 2015)
- ↑ Program | CBRFUR. Archived 25 July 2016.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 CBRFUR7 group photo (12 June 2019)
- ↑ Contemplation at the National Gallery of Australia as part of a @CBRFUR expedition #CBRFUR7 (25 June 2019)
- ↑ "Our #htcvive setups at CBRFUR this year! They will be up and running again tonight. Along with fursuit games." - CBRFUR, Twitter (12 June 2016)
- ↑ "Standard shirt designs are done too! So if you're one of the people who got the sponsor rego instead of carbon. You get some tails!" - Captain Otter, Facebook (1 May 2016)
- ↑ Register | CBRFUR. Archived 26 November 2015.
- ↑ "More cute shirts done for CBRFUR! :D" - CBRFUR, Twitter (29 March 2016)
- ↑ "Four more headshots added to our lanyard template." - CBRFUR, Twitter (13 January 2016)
- ↑ CBRFUR (with a mix of 2016 and 2017 dates). Archived 15 February 2017.
- ↑ CBRFUR 2016 schedule. Archived 15 February 2017.
- ↑ ""ROAR ROAR, I AM SCARY!" - @Taubu_Lion" - Mango Stout/Fozzaroo, Twitter (14 November 2016)
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 CBRFUR 2017. Archived 6 August 2018.
- ↑ CBRFUR 2017 schedule. Archived 10 March 2018.
- ↑ CBRFUR 2018. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- ↑ CBRFUR 2018 schedule. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- ↑ Historical Details for ABN 13 603 344 529. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- ↑ The CBRFUR Team. Archived 15 June 2014.
- ↑ About CBRFUR. Archived 3 May 2015.
- CBRFUR on FurCon.com.au - official website
- CBRFUR and Furries Under the Radar on Twitter
- CBRFUR on Facebook
- CBRFUR on Telegram
- CBRFUR 2016 photos by Aleksandr Werewolf
- CBRFUR 7 video by Saber-Sparky
- Old CBRFUR photo gallery (archived)
- CBRFUR on Fur Affinity (inactive since 2013)