In April of 2017, BoozyBarrister wrote a blog post about the cease and desist letter sent by Kahuki to DeoTasDevil associated with cancellation of Rocky Mountain Fur Con 2017, criticizing the legal viability of the letter and linking several aspects of it to the Sovereign Citizen movement.
Not a furry himself, Boozy watched a documentary titled Fursonas before writing the post, and spoke with furry fan and fellow lawyer NanukBurr, who invited Boozy to attend a furry convention, to which Boozy said he would be a badger.
Furries responded positively to the post, and on Twitter fan art was made depicting Boozy's "fursona". Boozy described himself as being "adopted as some sort of unofficial mascot", and advised lawyers not to judge their clients for what they do in their spare time.
- "About Us" - lawyersandliquor.com. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- "Free Furry of The Land: When SovCits and Furries Collide" lawyersandliquor.com. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- "Lawyers Don’t Judge: A Followup to Yesterday and Some Art" - lawyersandliquor.com. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- "Fur and Loathing in Tyson’s Corner: Boozy Goes to Furthemore." - lawyersandliquor.com. Retrieved May 1, 2017.
- Lawyers and Liquor
- @BoozyBarrister on Twitter
- @BoozyBadger (furry account)
- The Boozy Barrister on Tumblr
|This stub about a person could be .|