Con Crud, also known as The Blorch, is normally a cold, flu, or other non-threatening illness that people can catch and/or spread quickly throughout furry conventions (specially room parties), furmeets, and/or local furry houses gatherings, which is mostly felt after the event is over when said illnesses have reached their peak incubation time.
Con Crud should not be confused with the term Con Funk, although it, along with possible unsanitary conditions, could contribute to its exacerbation.
- Washing one's hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, or mouth to avoid germs spread.
- Avoiding close contact with sick attendees.
- Practicing good health habits (sleep, exercise, stress management, and healthy food/fluids).
If sick, covering one's nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and properly disposing of the used tissue in the trash after use. Travel to such venues is not recommendable while sick, but with some convention vendors, that's often not a economic possibility.
The Furry Dictionary lists "Blorch" as:
|A vagely flu-like illness that has a tendency to flourish and spread at large furry fandom gatherings such as conventions. Symptoms can vary, making the identification of the culprit micro-organism very difficult. It can also be exacerbated by immune system stressors such as lack of sleep from room-partying and dehydration from airline travel|
- Vaccination & Vaccine Safety page on the Flu.gov website. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- Furry Dictionary by Cloudchaser Shaconage. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- Common Cold prevention page at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu) prevention page at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website
|This stub about a term could be .|