|Date of death||August 2021|
Bariki, also known as Raffa (born November 1982 - died August 2021), was a British-born fursuiter and furry staff member who used to live since 2015 in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA with his husband, Trigger. Bariki was a career software engineer working in Silicon Valley.
Bariki had been a part of the furry fandom since 1999. His first convention was Further Confusion 2008 in San José, California.
In 2013, Bariki became chairman of the board of directors for LondonFurs Management Ltd..He held this position until his relocation to the United States in late 2015. He remained a director of LFM Ltd until August 2016.
He has staffed a number of conventions over the years in a variety of roles:
- Biggest Little Fur Con - ConOps staff (Biggest Little Fur Con 2018, Biggest Little Fur Con 2019); ConOps shift manager (Biggest Little Fur Con 2020).
- Confuzzled - Zebra of many talents, including Art Show second, auctioneer and Master of Ceremonies for several live events (ConFuzzled 2010, ConFuzzled 2011).
- Eurofurence - Eurofurence e.V. Member; staff writer for the Daily Eurofurence (Eurofurence 15 and Eurofurence 17); Social media dept. staffer.
- Further Confusion - ConOps staff (Further Confusion 2018, Further Confusion 2019, Further Confusion 2020).
- RBW - Art Show lead, auctioneer and Master of Ceremonies (RBW 2008, RBW 2009, RBW 2010).
Bariki's involvement with the LondonFurs, a tri-weekly furry meetup in Central London, began in 2008 as an attendee. He joined the organizing committee in 2010.. He was one of the founding directors of the non-profit company, LFM Ltd, that was formed in 2012 to formalize community fundraising, provide liability insurance for the group's public events (specifically for the fursuit walk, which had been halted because of liability issues), and to organize the hugely popular LondonFurs summer and LondonFurs winter parties
Bariki's fursona was for many years a silver anthropomorphic horse. However, he had become better associated with his fursuit Raffa''s zebra identity since acquiring him in 2009. In 2016 he acquired another fursuit from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fandom, Princess Luna.
Bariki owned three fursuits with another one being built on [[commission when he passed away:
- SpookWolf - A white wolf partial by Exdra bought in 2008.
- Raffa - A zebra fullsuit with digitigrade legs build by Ravell commission]]ed in 2009.
- Princess Luna - By Atalon_Deer purchased in 2016.
- Raffa V2 - A replacement for his original zebra suit, commissioned by BN Creations, which was suppose to be due by 2020.
SpookWolf's first appearance was at Eurofurence 14 - Raffa's was at ConFuzzled 2009 - Princess Luna's was at Midwest Furfest 2016.
- AnthroCon - ?
- BLFC - ?, 2018,(*) 2019,(*) 2020(*)
- CaliFur - ?
- Confuzzled - ?, 2009, 2010,(*), 2011(*)
- Eurofurence - ?, 2008, 2009,(*) 2011(*)
- Further Confusion- 2008, 2010, ?, 2018,(*) 2019,(*) 2020(*)
- Furry Connection North - ?
- Galactic Camp - ?
- Midwest Furfest - ?, 2016
- PAWCon - ?
- Texas Furry Fiesta - ?
- RBW - 2008,(*) 2009,(*), 2010(*)
(*) - Staff
Bariki passed away in August 2021 from Heart issues.
- ↑ We are extremely sad to learn that one of our previous chairmans @barikizeeba has passed away… post on Twitter. Retrieved August 19, 2021.
- ↑ LondonFurs. LF Committee and Company Changes page on the London Furs website. Retrieved ?.
- ↑ London Furs' Operating committee timeline entry on Wikifur. Retrieved ?.
- ↑ Insurance Purchased - Official Fursuit Walk To Resume post on the UKFurs forum. Retrieved ?.
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Bariki on Fur Affinity
- Bariki on Twitter
- One Horse's World - Bariki on LiveJournal