|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
|Author(s)|| Co-Founders & Owners: Varka, Athus, Narse, Raith
|Launch date||June 6, 2008|
Bad Dragon is the name of a business co-founded and owned by Varka, Narse, Athus, and Raith. Bad Dragon specializes in toys of a sexual nature and is a website and community intended for adults. Its production facility is located in Phoenix, Arizona with a small workshop used mainly for research in Scotland.
On December 7, 2007, Bad Dragon (then unnamed) was announced by Varka on his website Herpy Reference Archive. At the time it existed as a small side project of Varka's until he began his "research and development" phase. Bad Dragon officially opened for business on June 6, 2008 and attended Anthrocon 2008.
Bad Dragon's "mission statement" is to "make fantasies real for people who want to indulge in fantasies of their favourite species either in private, or with others."
As of August 2011, wait times are on average 6 weeks. 3 weeks from Processing to Manufacture and 3 weeks from Manufacture to Shipping. It is important to keep in mind that these are averages and may vary subject to the toy and size in question. With recent additions in shipping and production, it is hoped that the average wait time will decrease further. 
Bad Dragon's catalogue of available toys and products are largely inspired by the anatomy of feral animals. However in some instances, such as the Anthro Dragoness and Anthro Orca, human characteristics have been incorporated into the toy design. In an effort to clarify confusion (especially in the "rumoured" section of products) the adjectives "Feral" and "Anthro" have been used to differentiate between products, more notably the Anthro Dragoness and the rumoured Feral Dragoness. ( & are used to denote the genders of the toys when necessary. Toys with a dual functionality are noted with both symbols. Androgynous or non-specific toys do not have a symbol.)
 Male toys
- The Anthro Dragon (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 8/4/09)
- The Ridgeback 3.0 (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 8/4/09)
- The Dolphin (Released 7/29/2009)
- The Xenogon (Released 7/21/2009)
- The Naga (Released 6/23/2009)
- The Tailstretcher (Released 6/9/2009)
- The Seadragon (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 5/29/09)
- The Water Horse (Released 4/13/09)
- The Breeder (Released 3/12/09)
- The Gryphon (Original version released 1/19/09; Newer redesigned version released 5/20/11)
- The Varka (Released 1/5/09)
- The Wallaby
- The Fennec Fox
- The Fusion (wolf/dragon hybrid)
- Desi the Orca
- The Orkin
- The Dragon's Tongue
- Razor The Doberman
- The Adolescent
- The Demi
- The Chimera (dragon/horse hybrid)
- Vergil the Drippy Dragon (formerly The Tailcock)
- Duke The Bad Dragon (Bad Dragon's Mascot)
- Chance the Stallion(available in both flared and unflared; Released 5/21/10)
- David the Werewolf (Released 9/24/10)
- Elden the Faerie Dragon (Released 2/24/11)
- Xar the Karabos (Released 4/4/11)
- Crackers the Cockatrice (Released 7/29/11)
- Winston's Tail (Released 8/27/11)
- Bruiser the Fusion (canine/dragon hybrid) (Released 9/29/11)
- Chico the Lil Squirt
- Moko the Liger (lion/tiger hybrid) (Released 1/27/12)
- Cole the Dane (Released 5/26/12)
- Clayton the Earth Dragon (Released 7/20/12)
 Female toys
- Janine the Anthro Dragoness (R1 of 100 beta version units released 5/9/09, R2 of 50 units on 6/27/09. Final version released to the public on 3/9/10 in weekly quantities.)
- Natascha the Anthro Husky (Released 6/29/11)
- Mary the Anthro Mare (Released 1/27/11)
- Gift Cards/"Bad Dragon Bucks"
- Silicone Sample Sets (comes in each of the three firmnesses)
- Durex® Brand Condoms
- Bad Dragon™ "Cum Lube" (sample sizes come free with most purchases)
- Bad Dragon Pens
- Bad Dragon Pin Badges
- Bad Dragon yearly Calendar
 Announced products
 Rumored/unannounced products
- The Hydra
- The Anthro Bovine
- The Anthro Female Dolphin
- The Feral Dragoness
- The Feral Female Canine
- Eggs (various sizes)
- Poster-sized Artwork Prints
- Lizard Hemipenes
- Unnamed Wearable Dragon Claws
- Unnamed Dragon/Reptile Foot
- The Ripple
 Discontinued/limited time products
- The Anthro Dragon (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 04 August 2009)
- The Ridgeback 2.0 (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 04 August 2009)
- The Mini Seadragon (replaced with the "small" option on the 3D-printed version of The Seadragon on 29 May 2009)
- The (Original) Seadragon (upgraded to 3D-printed version on 29 May 2009)
- The Freeman (only available on April 1, 2009)
- The Ridgeback (upgraded to a version without the 3 spines when the website opened)
- The Flashlight (only available on April 1, 2010)
- The Bowling Pin (only available on April 1, 2011)
- The Gryphon (upgraded to a newer, revamped version on 5/20/11)
- Silicone Shot Glasses (only available on April 1, 2012)
 Shipping & handling
Bad Dragon provides discreet shipping for all of their products. Orders arrive in a plain brown box with only a return address and the name "BAD DRAGON" does not appear in credit card or bank statements. Toys were originally offered with extra internal packaging features such as tissue paper (which is now standard with all orders) and special toy boxes. The toy boxes were only available at Bad Dragon's debut at Anthrocon 2008 and have since become collectible Bad Dragon memorabilia alongside the official Bad Dragon banners that were auctioned off at Further Confusion 2009.
 Inventory development
A large portion of the ideas that support Bad Dragon's growing catalog of products come from visitors and artists who submit their own designs or ideas for consideration. Customers are encouraged to submit their ideas and designs which has been made easier with a downloadable and easy to fill-out form. 
During Varka's preliminary announcement of Bad Dragon on the Herpy website, male (and in some cases female) castings of actual animals were mentioned but as of May 2009 the company's catalog is strictly fantasy featuring designs inspired by real and fictional animal anatomy.
Much of Bad Dragon's success in popularity and sales can be attributed to the company attending and dealing at various furry conventions. It, at first, started out as an Anthrocon exclusive vendor but starting in 2010 it branched out to other conventions. Here is a list of previously attended conventions, as well as ones Bad Dragon is expecting to attend in future. (Bold text for previously attended, italicised for expecting to attend)
- Anthrocon: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- CaliFur: 2010, 2011, 2012
- FurFright: 2012
- Furry Connection North: 2012
- Furry Weekend Atlanta: 2011, 2012
- Further Confusion: 2010, 2011, 2012
- Midwest Fur Fest: 2010, 2011, 2012
- RainFurrest: 2011, 2012
- Rocky Mountain Fur Con: 2010, 2011, 2012
 Anthrocon changes
|VI. Other Restrictions. B. Items of a distinctly adult nature whose primary purpose is functional rather than artistic are prohibited (if you do not know what that means, please contact us and we will explain).|
 See also
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Is no longer involved in Bad Dragon productions.
- ↑ Herpy.net "Animal Toys" - Posted by Varka, 7 December 2007.
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com "Bad Dragon at Anthrocon!" - Posted by Varka, 27 June 2008.
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com Homepage
- ↑ Bad-dragon.com "Sema on wait times - August 2011"
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com "Re:Cum-lube" - Posted by Varka, 5 July 2008.
- ↑ "The Panther's Pride" - Posted by Runa, 22 June 2009
- ↑ "The Kippy" - Posted by Varka, 27 May 2009
- ↑ "Possible Toy: The Hydra" - Posted by Minnigan, 23 December 2008
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com "Re:Maybe a nice 'bonus' in some boxes?" - Posted by Varka, 9 July 2008.
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com "Packaging - shiny or lame?" - Posted by Varka, 29 May 2008.
- ↑ Bad-Dragon.com "Bad Dragon Design Template Sheet" - Posted by Varka, 16 May 2008.
- ↑ "Policy changes with the convention" tweet (retrieved January 15, 2012
- ↑ "ANTHROCON 2012 Dealer Information Packet" (retrieved January 15, 2012)