|This article does not cite its references or sources. You can help WikiFur by references.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
As of February 5, 2013, the latest version is Babysitting Cream v1.01. The game, originally created in Flash, is being remade as a standalone program with GameMaker to resolve maintainability issues. Development continues as of May 2014.
The object of the game is to seduce Cream the Rabbit into as many sex acts as possible. The player's score is based on the number of times he manages each of the following:
Most of the time, the window displays a room, with an icon of Cream in the upper right corner. Options at the bottom of the window allow the player to move from one room to another. If the player clicks on Cream, she will appear, and a menu of choices will be shown at the right. The player can then choose an action. Usually, one of the options is "Never mind," which returns to the room display. Sometimes, choosing an action will lead to other actions or choices. For example, the choice to watch cartoons will lead to an opportunity to watch a movie. Cream will fall asleep, and new choices will appear: pull up her dress to peek at her panties or continue watching the movie. Each of these leads to other choices, with different consequences.
The actions available -- and the results -- depend on a set of statistics, which represent the player's progress toward the game's goals:
- Relationship with Cream (RWC): How much Cream trusts the player. This starts at zero, and the very first choice in a new game can change it. Most activities will raise this, but if the player frightens Cream or is mean to her, it can go down.
- Moral Alignment: A numerical evaluation of the player's actions: "naughty or nice". Starts at zero. Goes down if the player does something to Cream without her consent. Goes up if the player lets Cream out of uncomfortable obligations or refuses to let her do something dangerous (e.g., "you don't have to take off your panties" if she loses the racing game).
- Peeping: How well the player can spy on Cream. Goes up if he catches her in her panties, or if the player does something naughty, and doesn't get caught.
- Lust: How much lust the player feels toward Cream. The more lust, the easier it is to initiate sexual things with her.
- Jerking Off: How many times you have jerked off on Cream
- Exposure (EXP): How comfortable Cream is with seeing the player naked. Goes up if the player exposes himself in front of her without angering or upsetting her (e.g., if she asks to see him in the pool).
- Touch: Goes up when the player touches or tickles Cream. Will unlock different events when it gets high enough.
- Happiness: How happy Cream is. A high happiness gets a good ending, and can also unlock other parts of the game.
- Hunger: How well-fed Cream is. Zero or negative hunger is an opportunity to feed her and raise RWC. Pizza is especially good for this and also makes her happy.
- Energy: This sort-of substitutes for time within the game. The first day starts with 100 points, and various actions will use up energy. Getting a night's sleep raises it by 100 points (but not above 100). Other actions that can raise it (even above 100) include: taking a shower, getting an energy drink from the fridge, buying pizza, or buying something from the vendor at the fountain. It's possible to go to bed with negative points, but then the next day will start with slightly under 100.
- Rings: How much money you have to spend. You start with 500 rings, and can get more by various actions. Some actions cost Rings, e.g., going to the movies, buying a new dress for Cream, ordering pizza.
The current energy is displayed in the upper left corner of the window at (almost) all times. The other statistics are shown in a black book, "Sonic's Journal" in the upper left corner of the Living Room. The "score" in terms of sexual acts can be accessed through the journal. The purple arrow in the image at the right points to Sonic's Journal.
The game allows seven days to reach the goal of doing sexual things with Cream. Vanilla will return on the morning of the eighth day, and the ending will be played. The current ending is incomplete, but it has a few drawings as teasers of the eventual, complete ending.
It is most important to try lots of different things. Some actions that don't get good results early in the game will get a better result once statistics have been raised high enough. For example, if the player visits Cream in her room and asks her to take off her dress, she will refuse at first. But once she's taken off her dress once, she will do it again. New options appear when she is in her panties, and yet others once she is naked.Most activities can be done multiple times in a day, but in some cases you will only get "credit" (increased statistics) the first time you do them. So plan ahead: figure out what you want to get and do the things that will lead to that. Older versions allowed each activity to be done only once per day, so the strategy has shifted significantly.
- Cream should be fed whenever possible -- this raises RWC and (for Pizza) Happiness. Also, if she gets hungry while watching a movie, the options at the end will be lost.
- Never miss out an opportunity to touch or tickle Cream. Raising the Touch statistic enables new options. But be careful of boundaries -- overdo it and alignment will sink.
- It is possible to get sexual with a positive alignment or a negative one, but the paths taken are different. If alignment get too low (around -7), some activities will be refused or have no effect.
- Check Sonic's Journal (in the Living Room) often to see what effect your actions have had. Not all actions announce what they did -- some things do nothing except raise RWC.
In the first few days, most of the useful actions occur in the Living Room, the Backyard, at the Mall and in the Park (plus, of course, the Kitchen whenever Cream is hungry). The player can choose to watch cartoons and then a movie (and get a chance to raise Exposure, Lust, Jerk Off, and/or Peep). Playing a videogame can lead to tickles (and raise Touch). Go swimming and play Marco Polo or "Who can make the biggest splash" -- each of these gives the player an opportunity to raise their statistics. During this part of the game, it makes sense to be profligate with energy. Once the limited set of actions that will raise statistics for the day have been completed, the rest of the energy can be used doing random things that will raise RWC -- playing dolls with Cream, or trying all the different things at the mall, etc.
Toward the middle of the week, once statistics are high enough, the player gets new opportunities. For example, they may see Cream peeking in at them when showering. This gives the player a chance to Jerk Off while she's watching, or to invite her to shower with you. When playing a game, sometimes it's best to lose, and sometimes to win. During this phase, the player needs to be somewhat thrifty with their energy until they've gotten as much as they can, then use it up as during the first few days.
Once Touch is high enough, the player can get Cream to take off her dress. At even higher levels, she will take off her panties. The higher it goes, the more actions will be successful. But not everything works -- the game is still incomplete. Once reaching this point, it's useful to summon Cream to her own room, or to Vanilla's room, where the player can get her naked and (maybe) "do things" to her.
During this phase, you need to hoard your energy carefully. There are only so many things that you can do (or try to do) before you run out of energy for the day. Play the game through a few times to see what works, then get those things done first. Once you've accomplished as much as you can with the day, then go ahead and spend energy to raise RWC and other statistics further.
The game is incomplete, so there are some actions/options that don't do anything. For example, when doing the "Lets see who can make the biggest splash" activity in the pool, Cream's top will come off, but if you choose to give it back to her directly, it won't let you do anything further on.
There are also some actions that change your statistics in some way, but give no description, nor any indication of what happened, aside from a decrease in your energy. This can be particularly annoying toward the end of the week, when you have built your statistics up enough that some of the sex options "should" work. In a few cases, clicking an option gives no error, no indication that you have succeeded, and if you go back and examine Sonic's Journal, you will find that you didn't get credit for that sex act. The issue is compounded by the fact that the statistics are not constantly visible, as they are in some games.
- Ah! after 10,000 years I'm freeeee - Aval0nX, deviantART (November 7, 2013)
- An update on things to come - Avian, Inkbunny (March 22, 2014)
- Babysitting Cream and Game Maker Studio - Avian, Inkbunny (February 5, 2013)
- When are you going to release babysitting cream's .fla? - Aval0nX, Tumblr (June 2014)
- hey Avalon, are you still working on Babysitting Cream? - Aval0nX, Tumblr (May 2014)
Official latest version
- Babysitting Cream v1.01 (released February 5th, 2013) at Inkbunny
- Babysitting Cream v.98.86 (released April 8th, 2012) at Inkbunny
- Babysitting Cream v91.3 Beta (released February 6th, 2011) at Inkbunny