At Arm's Length
|At Arm's Length|
|Author(s)||Darkwing Dork and Brooke Scovil|
|Update schedule||Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays|
|Launch date||August 5, 2008|
|Genre||Fantasy, Action and Humor|
At Arm's Length is a furry webcomic by Darkwing Dork and Brooke Scovil concerning three sorceresses living incognito on Earth, keeping their status as magical beings hidden from their mortal husbands and society at large while also defending the planet from malicious magical threats.
 Plot summary
Ally, Sheila and Reece are members of a naturally four-armed magical race named Enchanters, who came to Earth and have come to love and embrace the culture that their magical civilization shuns. They have taken it upon themselves to try to bridge the gap between both societies. However, it's too soon to share their true origin with the rest of the world, including their mortal husbands. For the time being, they must keep their background and even true appearances under wraps.
Unfortunately, there are malevolent magical beings who threaten mortals, and Ally, Sheila and Reece have vowed to defend their new home world from non-mundane threats. They must balance their self-appointed role as defenders of Earth against magical threats while also maintaining their relationships with their mortal husbands. Just how long they can juggle these two tasks remains to be seen.
- Allison "Ally" Mancer: Every team needs a level-headed leader, and that's Ally to a T. Friendly, goofy and steadfast in her duties, it's her job to keep her two friends reined in and on duty. She has to keep an eye on her husband Peter, who needs a woman's touch on occasion. She is not without a sense of humor; after all, how many rabbits like to wear a magician's outfit?
- Sheila "Rumble" Spellman: Not just your garden-variety punk kangaroo, Sheila is always up for a fight or at least a decent clothing sale. A natural fighter, she's the team's muscle and most aggressive member. Sheila also has a soft spot for cooking, and tolerates her husband's music as best she can.
- Reece "Vixy" Craft: How can a fox be so ditsy and so good at forming strategies at the same time? Reece is a little bubble-headed from time-to-time, but she proves her worth in combat. The fashionable one of the trio, she'd be the first to tell Sheila her tail cuff clashes with her clothes.
- Peter Mancer: Ally's husband, and a poor office drone who works for a magazine. Peter is dependent on Ally for fashion decisions, but is reliable at his job and a good provider. Plus, he's good at elbowing Ally when she needs to lighten up.
- William Spellman: Sheila's husband, and a rock star wannabe. A great guitar player with a questionable singing voice, he is chivalrous to no end. Even Sheila melts when he comes to her rescue, either in public or just with a well-timed pizza.
- Nick Craft: Reece's husband, and manager at the local McDunlaps. He's slowly being worn down by annoying customers, questionable corporate marketing and his fast-paced wife. Still, Nick is resilient, and his sarcastic demeanor thinly masks his deeper love of humanity.
- Kaige and Kiley: Two dragon bounty hunters/mercenaries, they're allies of the girls who pop up on occasion. Kaige is a little cocky and self-promoting, Kiley is demure and playful. Both of them have standards and only enter conflicts against deserving targets, offering protection from evil to any species at reasonable rates.
- Temujin: A villainous winged reptile, Temujin is part of a larger conspiracy with as-yet unrevealed plans for the Earth. Although evil, Temujin is incredibly polite and friendly, so much that she would want to be the Enchanter's friends if she wasn't so determined to do them in.
- Ceryn: A deer witch in Temujin's employ, she carries out her bosses' whims on Earth while the evil conspiracy is focused elsewhere. Crafty and devious, she is eager to please Temujin. Unfortunately for her, this put her in the crosshairs of Ally, Sheila and Reece, who made short work of her plans. Recently changed into a deertaur, she seeks revenge against the girls.