Ape, Not Monkey
From WikiFur, the furry encyclopedia.
|Ape, Not Monkey|
The Science vs Religion comic strip
|Update schedule||Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays|
|Launch date||July 6, 2008|
Ape, Not Monkey is a webcomic created by Jeffrey Weston. Featuring a cast of anthropomorphic animals, the strip deals with "science, skepticism and their relentless battles with superstition and pseudo-science".
- Toby, a bonobo ("ape, not monkey") who enjoys science and sees the world through skeptical eyes.
- Pastor Bear, a loving Christian who wants everyone to share in his love of God - whether they want to or not.
- Wilbur, a "lefty westie" and spiritual environmentalist. He sees himself as the voice of reason when science and religion conflict, but has yet to fully understand either.
- H.R., a mongoose confidence artist whose cynical attitude allows him to make as much money as possible from gullible animals.
- Thomas, a good tortoise who always tries to do the right thing. He looks up to Pastor Bear as a mentor, which is not always the best thing.
- Clemens, a bulldog of a monkey, who has no patience for faith and unreason.
- Arlen, a paranoid pika, who prides himself on his skepticism of everything from authority to science itself. Arlen sees conspiracies everywhere and the only safety he knows is his underground home.
- Piggy McCarthy, a pig who despises vaccines because he sees them as dirty. He also finds himself constantly at odds with Toby, who is skeptical of his skepticism.
- Dee-Quack Chopra, a duck who is master of irrationality, and who always looks on the bright side of quantum consciousness.
- New readers page on apenotmonkey.com. Retrieved July 27, 2012
- Ape, Not Monkey (official website)
|This stub about a comic could be .|