|Author(s)|| Owners: ?
|End Date||February 20, 2012|
|Genre||Critic site, Hoax|
The Anti-Furry Coalition, or AFC for short, was a self labeled anti-furry (hoax) website.
AFC - in its own words - was:
|An organization dedicated to the protection of families and communities through education and community action|
It purports to be a resource center for people who would like to learn more about furries:
|(...)without the fear of running into the objectionable content that goes hand-in-hand with the fandom|
This section of the site offered downloadable printable material including a "Five Steps for Staying Furry Free" poster, and a "Are Furries Corrupting your Children?" leaflet.
A petition (Give Rights to Furries!) was started by Kailey Stuart on the petition site Care2 for the purpose to try to shut down AFC. The goal was to gather 1.000.000 signatures to do so. Even tough the author claimed to possess the full amount to ask for the shut down:
|Dear Furry Persecutors,
This mainly targets the Anti Furry Coalition (AFC), but goes out to all those who unjustly discriminate furries. We have gained 1,000,000 signatures on a petition, and hereby ask you to please shut down your organization against furries. We have harmed no one, and would like to be treated fairly. That means no more anti-furry signs, no "Escape the Furry" mazes for children, etc.
The petition only gathered 69 signatures.
- Give Rights to Furries! petition on Care2. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- New “Furry Rights” petition circulating news article on Furry News Network. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Anti Furry Coalition on Steam
- Anti Furry Coalition discussion on the Fur Affinity Forums
- Anti Furry Coalition discussion on the FranceFurs Forums (French)
- Anti Furry Coalition discussion on Furry Style-Sigue tus instintos (Spanish)
- Anti Furry Coalition discussion on Furry Italia (Italian)
|This entry about a website is a stub - can you it?|