Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman
|This article needs to be cleaned up to conform to WikiFur style and standards.|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman is an animated horror-themed direct-to-video film, produced by Bagdasarian Productions and Universal Animation Studios, distributed by Universal Studios Home Entertainment, and loosely based on characters from Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was released on VHS in 2000 and DVD (as a "Monster Pack" with Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein, Monster Mash, and four episodes of Archie's Weird Mysteries) in 2004 by Universal Studios Home Entertainment.  It has been confirmed that a Scare-riffic Double Feature DVD featuring Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein and this film is set to be released on September 4, 2007. 
the movie begins with Alvin having dreams of meeting the Wolfman. Dave and Simon conclude that Alvin's been watching too many horror films at night. Alvin says that its because their new neighbor Mr. Talbot creeps him out.
Their school is rehearsing the play for the famous horror story Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson. Because of yet another accident caused by Alvin involving mixing unknown chemicals (and the old pink stuff from Alvin's thermos) that caused a huge explosion that made a huge mess of the school auditorium, Principal Milliken and Dave decide that Alvin be pulled out of his role as Mr. Hyde, and have Theodore play the role to boost his self-confindence. Meanwhile, Alvin and Simon are out in search of proof of werewolves (Munks on a Mission). But no one believes that Theodore is scary enough to play the role of Mr. Hyde. This all changes after he gets bit by a large dog (later finding out that it was a werewolf!) With their brother now a werewolf, Alvin and Simon search for a way to help Theodore and save the school play, without Dave finding out the truth (Little Brother, Mr. Hyde).
Later in the play, Theodore changes into a werewolf and starts to attack Eleanor. However, the necklece Theodore gave her earlier shines by the moon, causing Theodore to remember what happened and soon must fight Mr. Talbot. Theodore cures them both by biting Mr. Talbot, who they find out is going to be their new principal. The Chipmunks and Chipettes end the wrap party by doing their famous performances, and soon everyone else follow the rhythm as the movie ends (Everything's Gonna Be All Right).
Voice actors and their characters
- Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. as Alvin, Simon, David "Dave" Seville
- Janice Karman as Theodore, Brittany, Jeanette, Eleanor
- Dody Goodman as Miss Miller (only is heard as a voice yelling at Dave on the telephone)
- Elizabeth Daily as Nathan
- Marion Flynn as Principal Milliken
- Maurice LaMarche as Lawrence Talbot
- Rob Paulsen as Mr. Rochelle
- Debbie Rothstein as Various Voices
- April Winchell as Madame Raya
- Frank Welker as Werewolf Vocal Effects
- The clothing Brittany wears is somewhat different in this movie, notably her scarf and leg warmers are gone, she and Jeanette have slightly different footwear.
- Actors Maurice LaMarche and Rob Paulsen had previously worked together as the voices for the Pinky and the Brain.
- Larry Talbot is the name of the werewolf character in a series of movies in the 1940s.
- Some of the Chipmunk dolls from The Chipmunk Adventure can be seen when Theodore first begins to turn into a werewolf.
- Like Simon, Jeanette wears black glasses instead of her pink ones.
- The school that the Chipmunks and Chipettes go is called Clyde C. Crashcup Elementary School. This has been a reference to Clyde Crashcup, who appears in the Chipmunks' 1961 television series The Alvin Show.
|Some of this page is derived from Wikipedia. The original article was at Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WikiFur, the text of Wikipedia is available under CC-BY-SA and the GFDL.|