Furry fandom involvement
Grey joined the furry fandom in May 2006, having originally discovered the fandom in November 2005. She formally announced her departure from the fandom in July 2012, however returned under a new alias in May 2017. She had stated some months prior that her reason for leaving initially was because of receiving "a significantly higher dose of fandom toxicity than most other furries would" and that she was willing to give the furry fandom "a second chance."
The Furtean Times
Grey founded The Furtean Times and associated group Furry Media International in January 2007, intending to create a free, online fanzine. The Furtean Times eventually evolved into a news and magazine oriented website under the name FurteanTimes.com. The site closed in November 2010 following an extended outage, with the majority of the service's content being archived on Flayrah.
The Furtean Times had some exposure outside of the furry fandom after appearing in the BBC News Online's article Who are the furries? Grey was additionally interviewed by The Guardian for a similar article, however this piece was never published.
- See also: MyFursona
Grey operated as head of design for MyFursona between December 2007 and April 2009, after impressing the site's staff with a conceptual redesign of the site. Joining only two months into the site's life, she was involved in the site's early development and first redesign, and spearheaded the MyFursona Eden project to redevelop the service from scratch.
She eventually rejoined MyFursona in her previous role after the site closed for redevelopment.
Conventions and furmeets
Grey was a frequent attendee at MancFurs (then NorthernFurs) meets between 2007 and 2009, some of which she assisted in running or acted as a fursuit handler. She was also the co-organiser of the Manchester fatfur meets with Little Wolf and held numerous private house parties during this time.
Grey attended ConFuzzled 2010, assisting with the fursuit parade and reporting first-hand on the charity auction record there. Grey had previously attended ConFuzzled 2008 as a media representative, reporting for The Furtean Times.
The Furry Guru debuted immediately afterwards as an alternative means to answer fandom-related questions without the backdrop of ongoing drama. The name of the series was derived from a YouTube feature that existed at the time where user accounts had to belong to a particular category, one of which was "guru." The Furry Guru received an overall better reception than its predecessor and was credited for welcoming new people to the fandom, notably Tamias, a long time fandom spectator. The series ended in March 2008 after 32 videos.
Grey was a moderator for The InflatioNation forum.
Grey became a WikiFur curator in June 2008.
My Little Pony fandom involvement
Grey became involved in the brony fandom in June 2011.
She founded the Bristol Bronies, later Severn Bronies, in July 2012. The group holds weekly socials and events in south west England and south Wales in a similar vein to furmeets. The group was featured prominently in a cultural piece by the Bristol Post on April 9, 2014. Grey currently serves as the managing director of Severn Bronies Ltd.
She created placeponi.es, a placeholder image service for website developers.
Grey maintains a number of OCs and does not regard any to be her fursona, however she has previously used Tori and Alexander as fursonas (from May 2006 to July 2008 and July 2008 to July 2012, respectively).
- Alexander Amadeus Grey - a long-tongued fruit bat, cyborg and scientist.
- Emy - a gentle Honduran white bat.
- Fuller Figures - a pegasus mare who works as a personal trainer.
- Grey K. Birdhorse - a pessimistic, gruff pegasus stallion. Twin brother of Kim.
- Kim G. Birdhorse - an optimistic, bouncy pegasus mare. Twin sister of Grey.
- Meredith - an shy raven librarian.
- Novella - a stuck up unicorn author.
- Tori Andrew Belliachi - a teenage folf.
Grey's characters have many common traits between them including largely monochromatic fur and hair colours, and frequent use of the colours orange and magenta in accents and accessories.
- My Way Posted July 11th, 2012. Retrieved December 17th, 2012.
- My relationship to the furry fandom (and fandoms in general) Posted August 15th, 2016. Retrieved May 11th, 2017.
- Tweet posted April 1st, 2011. Retrieved May 11th, 2017.
- Tablecloth smashes ConFuzzled auction record on Flayrah (originally The Furtean Times). Published May 9th, 2010. Retrieved May 11th, 2017.
- Emanuel, Louis April 9, 2014. "Meet the Bronies: The men (and women) who love My Little Pony", Bristol Post, Local World
|This person is a WikiFur user:|
- Kimberly Grey's personal website
- kimpegasus on Twitter
- collargogglebirdhorse on Fur Affinity
- collargogglebirdhorse on Weasyl