|Location||São Paulo, Brazil - Intervales|
|First iteration||2-5 February 2008|
|Photos, videos, reports: Abando resources|
|Abando guests of honor|
|This article needs copyediting (for correct spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)|
For specifics, check the and talk page. Consult the Furry Book of Style for editing help.
The idea for Abando developed during a discussion on the Furry Brasil forum, when WToboe asked if any furry conventions existed in Brazil. Reyres and Ekevoo started to consider the possibility of organizing a convention. One year later, Reyres recruited the first team of six volunteers.
Abando promotes itself as a healthy place to camp, similar to Camp Feral!, with outdoor activities such as body painting, Frisbee, foam bat battles, water-balloon rugby, and other games involving water. Until 2012 the event was hosted by Toboe at his farm, and it included some housing and camping area, natural lake, fireplace, and the peacefulness of a countryside residence. The place could hold up to 150 attendees if they came with tents.
 Convention Summary
|2016||06-09 February 2016||to be defined||to be defined||N/A|
|2015||14-17 February 2015||Ribeirão Grande, São Paulo, Brazil - Intervales (to be confirmed)||to be defined||N/A|
|2014||01-04 March 2014||Ribeirão Grande, São Paulo, Brazil - Intervales||Japan: The Daimyō Lands||73|
|2013||09-12 February 2013||Ribeirão Grande, São Paulo, Brazil - Intervales||Furries of the Sea!||55|
|2012||18-21 February 2012||Ribeirão Grande, São Paulo, Brazil - Intervales||Mayas: The Sons of the Sun||50|
|2011||5-8 March 2011||São Roque, São Paulo, Brazil - Sítio Maio||UFO Hunters||55|
|2010||13-16 February 2010||São Roque, São Paulo, Brazil - Sítio Maio||Hawaii: Aloha Abando!||37|
|2009||21-24 February 2009||São Roque, São Paulo, Brazil - Sítio Maio||No Theme||22|
|2008||2-5 February 2008||São Roque, São Paulo, Brazil - Sítio Maio||No Theme||15|
With the growth of Abando, in 2012 the convention moved to Intervales State Park, a nature reserve. The new location is still in the same state in São Paulo, but is 260 kilometers from the capital city. The new location has natural cascades, caves and critters. This new location has housing, restaurant, pool, sports field and meeting room however there´s not a suitable camping area and cellphone signal.
Abando has three main organizers and a growing staff.
- Aniki Geelong - overall leader (2012, Activities from 2009)
- Toboe - Activities (2008-Present)
- Ekevoo - Subscriptions, Website, Treasurer (2008-Present)
- Tanuki Gokuhi - Marketing, Activities, Website and Coordinator (2009-Present)
- Jrrhack label - Print producer and treasure hunt event (2008, 2010-Present)
- Silverbolt - Video producer and kitchen manager in 2011 (2011-Present)
- Koush - Activities, help staff (2010-Present)
- Koga Silver Dragon - Activities, help staff (2012-2012)
- Flam - Activities, help staff (2012-2012)
- Josepp - Kitchen help staff (2011-2011)
- Dragarahn - Multimedia manager (2009-2010)
- Loba Teimosa - General help staff (2011-Present)
- Casshan - Law and order (2013)
- Henrik - General help staff and event planner (2013)
 Old Leadership
- Reyres - Chairman: 2008-2011
- Official Website (English translation)
- YouTube Channel
- Abando - Behind the scenes (English translation)
- Photos, videos, reports: Abando resources