Alamo City Furry Invasion
The goal of this convention is to engage members of the community both furry and non, in a fun atmosphere, with activities and educational events for all ages. The theme for 2017 is "The Furry Furry West".
Organization and funding
The San Antonio Furries Convention Committee (SAFCC) was formed as a governing organization in the last quarter of 2016, but has been operating since February 2016. Officers were elected, by-laws were documented, and it became a legal entity.
The event is owned (and thus paid for) by A+ King Services & Entertainment, LLC doing business as Alamo City Furry Invasion, allowing it to negotiate contracts and apply for all licenses and certificates needed to run the event, while the convention is operated by the San Antonio Furries Conventions Committee. Start-up costs are being provided by A+ through out-of-pocket expense and multiple fundraising efforts within the furry community, as well as pre-registrants, including attendees, sponsors, and super sponsors.
The stated goal of this arrangement has been met, enabling the acquisition of a larger venue, and to pay for operational costs prior to the start of the convention in October.
- Adam King (Drummer) - Convention Chairman, and Treasurer. Has a degree and background in business administration. Can usually be found texting about the convention, or lost in accounting duties.
- Louis Broome (Armorclad Coyote) - Vice Chair, performing operations research. Panel submissions regulation and processing. Has experience in volunteering at multiple conventions.
- Chris Byrd (Flexy) Secretary. In charge of staff meeting minutes, drafting of policies and regulations, in addition to transcribing of said documents into digital form.
- Lyle Curtin (Terrence Mirrikh) - Human Relations. Years of experience in customer service, lower management, and conflict resolution duties.
- Chase Squires (Tekrin) - Webmaster/IT Resource lead. In charge of managing and maintaining the ACFI website. Security staff experience at Texas Furry Fiesta. Please insert espresso.
- Kevin Lee Sanchez (KL Sanchez) - Operations lead. KL is an artist and author, and has worked with Texas Furry Fiesta since 2013, first as Video Room Director, then as Operations Director since 2014. He was hired to ACFI in 2017 to assume the operations role in the same capacity as he performs at Texas Furry Fiesta.
- Chris Grossenbacher (Maxus) - Audio/Visual lead. Extensive knowledge of audio and visual equipment, as well as many years of experience in DJing, and hosting of social events.
- Alex F. (Glitch) - Security lead.
- Vicki Hoffman - Volunteer Coordinator. Has assisted with volunteers at Texas Furry Fiesta. Also the owner of Go-Fer's business.
- (Scout) - Registration lead.
- Alexander Champ (Sixam) - Gaming rooms lead. Has decades of planning, research, and gaming experience. Is on Registration Staff at Texas Furry Fiesta.
- Josef Ricketts (Whines) - Con Suite lead. Extensive experience as the hyena in charge of Texas Furry Fiesta's Con Suite for multiple years. Tolerates lions, despite their anger issues and lack of hygiene.
- Steven - Marketing/Advertising lead.
- Lyle Curtin (Terrence Mirrikh) - Conflict Resolution lead. If he gets loud, start running.
- Louis Broome (Armorclad Coyote) - Scheduling lead.
- Liza Hoefelman (Marinelle) - Lead Designer. Has staff experience in multiple departments at Texas Furry Fiesta and other non-furry conventions. Harbors an unknown vendetta against rubber band guns.
General Staff by Department
- Security - Chase Squires (Tekrin) | Chris Taylor | Darius (Ramses)
- Audio/Visual - Andrew Burke (Kou Wolffe) as Dance Competition organizer. | Josef Ricketts (Whines) as Karaoke organizer.
- Con Operations - (Rasha) | (Drake Foxe) | (Fido))
- Gaming - (Hydrophonics) as Video Game room. | Chris Byrd (Flexy) as Board Game room.
- Volunteer Coordination - Charity Cariker (Zoey)
Although legally operating as a for-profit business, Furry Invasion has chosen two charities within the local community to support:
- Spay-Neuter Assistance Program (SNAP) is a Texas-based nonprofit organization working “to prevent the suffering and death of cats and dogs due to overpopulation and preventable diseases, especially in low-income areas.”
- Pay it Forward is an organization in San Antonio working to help prevent homelessness while promoting a clean and sober lifestyle.
- Alamo City Furry Invasion - official website
- Alamo City Furry Invasion on Facebook
- Furry Invasion on Twitter