The Anthrocon 2004 furry convention was a three day event held at the Philadelphia Adam's Mark Hotel between July 9th (Friday) and 11th (Sunday). It had a "Summer Games" athletics theme. It was the last year Anthrocon was held at the Philadelphia Adam's Mark.
- Chairman: Dr Samuel Conway
- Operations: Matt Adey, Bob Allen, Tom Brady, Cnipur, Sam "Grandpa Kage" Conway, Wilma Conway, Patrick Dowden (manager), Susan Kershaw, Thomas Kershaw, Simon Leet (manager), Douglas Muth (director), Michael Pritchard, Patrick Reed, Mark Shapiro, Kari Snyder, Jesse Stringer, Dave Wilson
- Art show: Andrian, Tara A. Bassette, Tony Bassette Jr, Rriar, Falbert, Dale Farmer, Fluxxx, Karl F. Meyers, PeterCat (director), J. Scott Rogers, Will A. Sanborn (assistant director), ShiroTora, Simtra Firefox, Smrgol
- Security (Dorsai Irregulars): Michael Bellinger, Dawn Braun, Chris Clayton, Kathleen Cogswell, Bill Dyer, Marty Fabish, Sharon Ferraro, Carol Gobeyn, Rene Gobeyn, Samantha Gobeyn, Marnie Gucciard, Mike Gucciard, Joanne Hall, John Hall, Elizabeth Huffman, Diana Hunt, Tina Klein-Lebbink, Donna Long, Eric Long, Jim Martin, Tracy Martin, Ellen McMicking, Dave Roach, Sandy Schreiber, Steve Simmons, David Stein, James Walton, Mel White
- Programming: Vicki Borah Bloom (RPG track adviser), John Cole (co-director), Chris Johnson (costuming/puppet track advisor), Susan Rankin (co-director), Josh Strom (video game co-advisor), Jessie Tracer (video game advisor), Kristy Tracer (writing track advisor)
- Videography: Cheetah, Scott Brainard, Kevin Lane, Mirko
- Dealer Room: Patrick Casey, DataHawk, Matt Henry, Robert King, Phaedra Meyer (director), Tim Mithee, Michael Moore, Joseph Stockman
- A/V staff: Robert Cook, Steve Hopps, Triggur (director), Louisa Smith, Erin Washington
- Charity auction/Masquerade: Candy Dewalt, Ryan Dewalt, J. Scotty Emerle, Brian Harris (director), B. J. Hughes (masquerade MC), JBadger, Jason Murdock, Mike Pierce, Erika Leigh Rosengarten, Derek Sailor, AlaskanWolf, Jesse Stringer
- Video production: Bowen Goletz, Rustitobuck
- Newsletter: Dan Hauschild, Paul Lester
- Registration: Kevin Lane, Phil Pollard (director), Puc, Stahi, Chiaroscuro
- Hospitality: Cynthia Moreno
- Internet room: George Nemeyer (director), Jason Williams
- Media relations: Phil Pollard
- Video room: Ray Rooney
 Events and locations
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
The programme book was 72 black-and-white pages, with a color wrap-around cover illustrated collaboratively by the two guests of honor, Michel Gagné and Stan Sakai. Interior illustrations were contributed by the following artists:
- Beanie, Belic Bear, Angel Manuel Blanco, DBruin, Babs Bunny, Po Chan Sheah, Cybercat, Dark Wolfie, Derrick Dasenbrock, Eala Dubh, Equus, Firestorm Six, Foxy, David Francis, Michel Gagné, Yami Griffin, Ray Jones, Kim Kirkdorfer, Brendan McCann/Furlicious Studios, Zen Migawa, Rog Minotaur, John Nunnemacher, Roy Dean Pounds II, Christine Marie Reynolds, John "The Gneech" Robey, Erika Leigh Rosengarten, Stan Sakai, Aissys Sparkstealer, Gordon Spurlock, Audrey Walker, and Neil Weber.
For a few years, the restaurant list had omitted the nearby Denny's restaurant for good reason -- many reports of horrible service had been reported. As of February 2014, the Denny's in question no longer exists.
Anthrocon, Inc. started the year with $47918.00 in assets, including $31603.00 in cash (and temporary cash investments). They ended the year with $54995.65 in assets, including $27403.93 in cash. Liabilities were zero, making their gain/loss for the year $7077.65 ($-4199.07 in cash), and their net balance $54995.65.
Their total revenue was $106131.99, of which $95395 was from memberships, $20347.76 was from donations, $70 was from advertising and $-1437.03 was from merchandise, after accounting for the cost of goods sold. The net income/loss of special events (included in revenue) was $-8243.74.
Note: These financials provide just a brief overview, and should be considered in context. Each convention has its own situation, which may change from year to year. Special events (like art shows) that are part of a charity's mission are usually run at a loss. Conventions typically have many other expenses which may come to far more than those listed. Check the source for further details.
- Photos, videos, reports: Anthrocon 2004 resources