The 6-2-1 rule is a convention guideline whose history is lost in the mist of science fiction fandom's past. One story attributes the creation of the guideline to Bob Passovoy, MD of the Dorsai Irregulars. The rule has been in use in the furry fandom since Confurence.
The rule mandates the following:
- 6 hours of sleep per night.
- 2 meals per day.
- 1 shower per day.
These numbers are just minimums; the intention is that people should feel free to exceed those numbers. The third part of the rule is to prevent con funk.
- 6 miles walked per day.
- 2 snacks per day.
- 1 nap per day.
- FurCon, ConFur10, and other Cons! - a reply to a post on alt.fan.furry.bleachers by Dale Farmer, dated 8 November 1998
- Windycon and the Dorsai Irregulars - an article about Windycon and the Creation of the Dorsai Irregulars dated 25 Feb 2015
- http://windyconblog.amazingstoriesmag.com/?p=182 Windycon and the Dorsai Irregulars - an article about Windycon and the Creation of the Dorsai Irregulars dated 25 Feb 2015
- Anthrocon 2007 and the 6-2-1 Rule - from Giza's LiveJournal